Understanding Social Media and Your Job Search
This interactive workshop will help students learn how to professionalize their social media profiles and use social media for their job search. Topics include:
- Do’s and Don’ts of social media
- How employers check your social profiles
- How to use social media as a tool to help your job search
This interactive workshop will provide students with a basic understanding of what to include in their resumes and what should be left out. Topics include:
- Resume dos and don’ts
- What employers look for in a resume
- How to make your resume stand out
This workshop will provide students with a basic understanding of how to write a cover letter with take home resources. Topics include:
- Components of cover letter
- Steps to writing a cover letter
- How to make your cover letter stand out
This workshop provides an overview of the labour market and explains why this information is important in career decision making. Topics Include:
- Career decision making tools
- Things to consider when choosing a career
- Huron County and Ontario Labour Market
- Jobs in decline and in demand
- Pathways to Employment
- How to use labour market information in career decision making
If the above workshops do not suit your needs, we are more than willing to create workshops that are more relevant to your class or group. All presentations are approximately 45 minutes in length. At the end of presentations we also inform students of the supports that are available to assist them in finding after school and/or summer employment through The Centre for Employment & Learning. All workshops are occurring online at this time. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a workshop.
Our schedules are very accommodating so please let us know what day/time suits best. Please let me know if you require any further information or have any questions/ concerns.
We look forward to hearing from you!